Aboriginal Business Association
Aboriginal Business Association
If you would like to submit a job to be posted here, please fill out the job posting form: note you must be a member, and will need to login first to post a job.
Job Description :
Proactive? ProACDEN. Continuous growth for the ambitious employee.
Every job at Acden is a big job and we know just how important each individual contribution is. That’s why we want you to feel valued. We provide competitive industry salaries and a comprehensive benefits plan to prove to our employees that it’s not just about our success, it’s about yours too. Want to take a step up?
Certified Labourer - Competition #: AF-2021-035
Acden Facilities is currently accepting applications for a Certified Labourer to support our oil sands client. This position is located at the CNUL Albian site. The position consists of a 7 on / 7 off; 12-hour day shift; however, hours, schedules and locations may change from time to time due to operational requirements.
This is a local position to the Fort McMurray, AB region. The successful candidate must have their
own accommodations within the region.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform general housekeeping such as cleaning of tools, pressure washing and waste removal.
• Operate Forklift, Skid Steer and other equipment as required.
• Utilize hand and power tools to safely complete assigned tasks.
• Issue and track equipment and tools.
• Actively participate in safety programs and maintain strict adherence to safety guidelines.
• Perform work safely and follow established work procedures.
• Perform other duties as required that fulfill mandate of providing excellent service.
• Three (3) years’ experience operating equipment is required.
• Valid Alberta Forklift, Wheeled Loader and Skid-Steer Tickets are required.
• OSSA Fire Watch Certified is required.
• Previous experience working on CNUL Albian Oilsands site is an asset.
• Ability to work independently and harmoniously within a diverse workforce.
• Highly motivated, reliable, and punctual.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work in all types of extreme temperatures (including cold and hot weather).
• Class 5 Driver’s Licence with a satisfactory abstract.
o Submit a 5-year driver’s abstract that is not more than 30 days old.
• Common Safety Orientation (CSO) or equivalent.
• Submit copies of applicable site certifications and valid safety ticket(s).
• Comprehensive Drug, Alcohol and Hearing tests.
• Eligible to work on all Oil Sands sites within the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo.
Additional incentives include comprehensive benefits program upon competition of probation.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume, certifications and complete the online application at www.acden.com/careers
This competition will close once a suitable candidate has been found.
We would like to thank all who apply; however, only candidates that are being considered will be contacted.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection. Applicants are requested to indicate in their covering letter or résumé if they are from any of the following groups: Indigenous people (including ACFN, MCFN, FMFN, and Métis), women, visible minorities and persons with a disability.