NAABA Announces New Board Appointment and Welcomes Returning Members
In advance of their upcoming Annual General Meeting (AGM) Celebration happening September 29, the Northeastern Alberta Aboriginal Business Association (NAABA) is pleased to announce the appointment of three new board members. NAABA is honoured to welcome these new board members and share appreciation for outgoing board members who have completed their terms. New board members include:
- Anthony Punko (New): Owner, Emergency Decon Solutions. Anthony is a member of Métis Local 1935, a local firefighter, Heavy Equipment Technician,
and Primary Care Paramedic for over 21 years.
- Sandy Sanderson (New): Owner, ASKIY Mat Service. Sandy is a member of Mikisew Cree First Nation, post-secondary graduate, proud husband, and father of three.
- Mike Deranger (Returning for a second term): Owner, Derantech Welding. Mike is a member of Athabasca Chipewyan First Nation and is a returning board member who previously served a three-year term.
“On behalf of the entire Board of Directors, it is a pleasure to welcome our newly appointed and returning board members to our leadership team. We look forward to leveraging their expertise to support our strategic activities and strengthen our collective voice,” says Jamie Harpe, President of NAABA Board of Directors. “I would also like to extend our gratitude to our outgoing board members for their guidance and the many valued contributions they made to furthering the goals of NAABA.”
NAABA’s newly appointed board members will replace the following outgoing board members who have completed their terms:
- Todd Pruden: Owner, Dreamline Promotions and Athabasca Workforce Solutions. Todd has served since 2014 and is NAABA’s outgoing Vice President.
- Ashley Shears-Matei: Owner, Saskana. Ashley has completed her three-year term and is NAABA’s outgoing 2nd Vice President.
“We are very fortunate to have such an accomplished and dedicated team of professionals and industry veterans to guide our strategic direction,” says Michelle
Toner, Executive Director of NAABA. “Their diverse skillsets and experience will compliment that of our existing leadership team and be instrumental in our success as we work towards our goal of increasing member engagement and enhancing the value of our membership.”
NAABA is also pleased to announce that all other sitting board member positions will remain:
- Jaime Harpe (TJ’s Group) returning as President
- Mitch Mercredi (Acden) Director
- Robyn Villebrun (Medika North) Director
- Leona Lepine (Peyak Mekwan Maintenance) Director
- Travis Drew (Wright Quality Services) Director
- Lloyd Antoine (A.P.E. Maintenance Ltd.) Director
Further details regarding NAABA’s Board Members can be viewed here.
For more information, please contact:
Michelle Toner, Executive Director